Wednesday, August 11, 2010

13. 1984 Part 2/ Part 3i

6 more days...

Sorry that's really geeky.

Where do i start? I feel this is where the ideas come together, mushed up in a few paragraphs. Also, it's pretty much the most shocking part of the book, where paradise ends, and hell begins. I honestly don't know where to start.

Winston reading the book resembles Adam eating the apple, as he defies the will of the higher power (in this case, The Party acts as God) and therefore, is punished, and is sent to the Ministry of Love (gotta love irony). This might be a stretch, but the conflict between Winston and the Party is kind of like the conflict between science and religion. Two ideas, sense and belief, challenge each other, as they cannot exist harmoniously together.

What shocked me the most was how Winston still believed in O' Brien as a friend, even though he was part of The Party, and he resembled everything that he loathed. Yet he still believed in him, and was comfortable with him. Why?

I suppose i should read more to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment